Website Brain Capital
Senior IT Specialist
Primary responsibilities include providing high level functional and IT analysis, design, development, integration, documentation, and implementation assistance on problems which require a thorough knowledge of the related technical subject matter for effective system deployment. Including participating in all phases of systems development; applying principals and methods of the functional area to difficult problems in technical areas to arrive at automated solutions; designing and preparing technical reports and related documentation; making charts and graphs to record results; preparing and delivering presentations and briefings as required.
- Well versed in basic networking. Must be able to troubleshoot and configure networks from inception to taking over a non-functioning network. Must understand routing, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, etc. Firewall concepts. Be able to diagnosis and troubleshoot a variety of manufacturers’ firewalls and be able to handle moves, adds, changes.
- Wi-Fi setups, configurations, changes. Must be able to configure secure corporate access points and guest access points and know how to keep them isolated.
- Basic Windows/Mac setups and troubleshooting. Be available to provide remote support to customers during business hours.
- Windows Servers. Be familiar with the Windows family of servers, from Server 2008 to Server 2019. Understand domain controllers, active directory.
- Virus protection/removal techniques
- Power/surge protection methodologies and architectures
- Be able to configure “out of the box”. Setup correct DHCP, VLAN, firewall rules, content filtering rules, port forwarding/triggering, etc.
- Understand the architectures and the differences between them and how to properly architect a solution for a customer.
- Perform low level packet analysis.
- Office365 administrations. Be familiar with all aspects of managing Office365 hosted Exchange servers.
- Programming managed switches, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 from a variety of vendors
- Light programming skills. Be able to write scripts for execution in command lines and/or PowerShell.
- Design/assist in network cabling installations
- Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Be familiar with virtual machines running on Azure, cloud storage, cloud networking, etc.
- Be familiar with hosted VoIP strengths/weaknesses and how to properly setup a VoIP phone system with VLANs.
- Be familiar with digital surveillance cameras and how-to setup/configure systems.
Required Skill Set:
- Minimum 6 years of Experience as a SENIOR IT SPECIALIST.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct hands-on IT after graduation.
- Possess Microsoft, Cisco, BICSI, CompTIA or equivalent certifications.
- Be well versed in business backup strategies.
- Must possess critical thinking skills. Be able to solve problems logically and independently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org